The purpose of the event is to inform the local community about the Belfast Streets Ahead Phase 3 project. The overall aim of the Phase 3 project is to design and implement public realm improvements (such as new paving, lighting, landscaping, street furniture and public artwork) that will deliver high quality streetscape and open spaces that will contribute positively to the economic and social vitality of the Belfast City Centre and will complement the Ulster University’s planned development of its new campus at York Street.
|Draft proposals. Credit: www.dsdni.gov.uk|
The Phase 3 project area will cover:
- Royal Avenue (from Castle Place to Donegall Street),
- York Street (from Donegall Street to Frederick Street/Great Patrick Street junction),
- Frederick Street,
- Library Square (Union Street, Little Donegall Street and Library Street),
- Cathedral Gardens (aka Buoys Park),
- the area around St Anne’s Cathedral (Talbot Street, Exchange Street West and Academy Street, including Donegall Street in front of St Anne’s Cathedral),
- Great Patrick Street (part),
- Curtis Street
- York Lane
There will be an opportunity before and after the presentation to ask questions and get more information about the project. Further information on the Phase 3 project can be viewed on the DSD website. Comments on the proposals can be made at the event, by email to DSD at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to: DSD, 4th Floor, Oxford House, 49-55 Chichester Street, Belfast, BT1 4HH by 31st March 2015.